Fruits and vegetables in this salad make the perfect combination of flavors. A sweet and salty crisp bight makes for the most decadent and healthy salad. When it comes to making salads, its all about the creation, color and textures. This salad is sure to impress your guests when you’re showing off your salad skills.
- 4 cups of organic mesclin greens
- 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries slices
- 1/2 cup of diced 1/4 inch cucumber
- 1/2 cup of 1/4 inch heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of diced avocado
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 4 tablespoons Napa red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- Salt & pepper
Method Vinaigrette: Place chopped shallots, salt, pepper and vinegar in a bowl. Whisk in the olive oil create a light emulsion.
Step 1: Place all the salad ingredients in a bowl except for the hemp seeds, season with salt and pepper. Add the vinaigrette your taste.
Step 2: Lightly toss all the ingredients together.
Step 3: Place the dressed salad in a serving bowl, sprinkle with hemp seeds before serving.